Printers, however great in quality are prone to face issues at some point during use. The key to a good printer is the ability to troubleshoot and continue using the printer. With the right instructions and guidance getting the printer to go back to functioning can be done without any hassle.
Brand Related Issues
Basic Printer Troubleshooting Checklist
Follow the checklist step by step to assist in the process of removing issues from the printer.
These are the basic steps and checks that should be performed. These are a few common areas that would need to be worked on before concluding the printer is in deep trouble.
Turn the printer off and back on
Shut down the printer for a few seconds. Turn it back on and give the printer a quick check to see if it is functioning as it is supposed to.
Check if there is an active and stable wireless connection. This could be causing the printer to not function. Complete a speed check on the wireless connection.
Compatibility of the router
If this is the first attempt at connecting the printer to a wireless connection, make sure the wifi router is compatible with the printer.
Check for alerts
The printer will display on the screen the area of issues. Check if it can be rectified by following the instructions displayed.
Check the device
Make sure the device is connected to a network connection. Make sure it is stable. Restart the device and check the printer.
Ensure the printer drivers are updated. Check if the device needs to update its software. Complete it immediately and check the printer.
Verify the file
Make sure the file settings that are to be printed are accurate. Check the format of the file. Ensure it is all in place.
Reboot the printer
If these simple steps fail to rectify the issue, reboot the printer by yanking out the power cord from the supply and connecting it back again.
If all the above steps have failed to get your printer functioning back again, contact our team who will provide assistance and get the printer functioning once again.
Printer Driver unavailable Issue
Complete the below checks to make sure the error indicating Printer Driver Unavailable is removed.
- Power up the printer and check the alert on the display.
- If it indicates Printer Driver Unavailable then follow the below steps.
- Check if the printer driver is updated.
- If not, complete the update right away.
- Now, check if the alert is removed.
- If not, there could be an issue with the driver.
- Uninstall the printer driver from the device.
- Reinstall the driver back on the device.
- Connect the printer to the driver.
- The issue of driver unavailable should be removed.
Printer won’t connect to Wi-Fi
Follow the step by step guidelines to remove the issues that are not allowing the printer to connect to the Wifi
- The first obvious step is to ensure there is an active connection.
- Make sure the Wifi is functioning at the required speed.
- Ensure the wifi router is in working condition.
- Restart the printer and check the connection.
- If the issue prevails completely the steps below.
- Remove the network connection.
- Restart the printer by turning it off and on.
- Then, complete the network setup using the wireless setup wizard.
- Key in the Wifi credentials and connect again.
- The printer should now be connected to the wifi.
Printer printing black pages
Here are the checks that should be used to ensure the issue of the printer black pages are removed.
- The first step is to check if the cartridges have ink.
- Check if there is any damage to the cartridges.
- Replace the cartridge if needed.
- Check the document and the settings.
- Make sure the document has no issues.
- Make the required settings before printing the file.
- Restart the printer and check again.
- Check if the driver needs to be updated.
- Do the same for the device, update its software.
- As a final step, reboot and install the driver again.
Printer is not printing Issue
Complete the checklist to ensure the printer not printing issue is removed
- Power up the printer and check if there are alerts on the screen.
- Check if the printer is connected to a wireless network.
- Ensure the document being printed has no issues.
- Run a check on the driver, make sure that it is updated.
- Do the same for the device. Updated the software.
- Complete the update and run a check again.
- Following this, reboot the printer. Yank the power cord.
- First from the power supply and then the printer.
- Connect it back and check. If not, reinstall the printer driver.
- The issue should be removed with the reinstallation.
Printer Scanning Issue
If the printer fails to scan complete the below checks to make sure the issue of the printing not scanning is removed.
- Power up the printer and take a scan.
- Place the document on the glass scanner.
- Align it well and hit Scan.
- Make changes whenever needed.
- Choose the file format – pdf or jpeg.
- Hit on the scan option. If it fails to scan, check the wireless connection.
- Proceeding this, ensure the driver is updated.
- Get it updated at once and check.
- Another option is to download a scan driver.
- Install it and continue to scan files.
Printer Showing Offline
Follow these below steps to complete the checks to get the printer to function in the online mode.
- Power up the printer and check.
- Ensure there is an active wireless connection.
- Check the stability of the connection.
- The wifi router should be in proper working condition.
- Check if the printer driver needs to be updated.
- Update it immediately and restart the printer.
- Following this, as the last option, reboot the printer.
- Remove the power cord from the power supply.
- Remove it from the printer and connect it back after a minute.
- It will power up and the issue should no longer prevail.
Follow the link for HP Printer show offline error.