Follow the below steps to help rectify the hp printer offline fix issues that are causing the HP Printer not to print from Windows device
Download HP Print and Scan Doctor
- Power up the device and the HP printer.
- Open the HP Website and choose Diagnosis from the menu tab.
- Proceed to download the HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Run the file, choose Start, and allow the HP Print and Scan Doctor to run a diagnosis.
- Following this, enter the printer model name.
- Follow the instructions to rectify the Hp printer offline fix issues with the printer.
Check if the HP printer is set on default
- Move over to the Windows device and check.
- Open the Control Panel and choose Printers and Scanners.
- Locate the printer with the model name and then right-click.
- Select the Make default.
- Restart the printer and the device.
Check Windows Function Discovery Services
To be able to use the WSD port on the printer ensure to make the following changes
- Move over to the device and open the Control Panel.
- Choose Printers and Devices and then View.
- Right-click on printer properties and choose the Ports tab.
- Locate the WSD port in the list and check the box.
- Following this, open Services and locate Function Discovery Provider Host and Function Discovery Resource Publication.
- Set the start type to Automatic. Apply the change and then click Ok.
Using Manual IP address to connect to the wireless network
- Begin the process by first printing a Wireless Network Test Results.
- Follow these steps for printers that have a display.
- Tap the printer’s control panel.
- Choose Wireless and the Network Setting.
- Then, select Setup.
- Follow these steps for printers without a display.
- Use the combination of these buttons to print the test results.
- Click the wireless icon and then the information button (i) together.
- As an alternative, press the wireless button and the Start Copy Black button together.
- Once you have the wireless status, and other information such as the IP address and URL proceed further.
- Move over to the device and open a web browser, enter the URL obtained and then enter.
- This will lead to the EWS. Choose the network tab, wireless option and then IPv4 Configuration.
- Set the IP Address manually.
- Choose the IP Port from the list and then select OK.
Should there be further issues how to get hp printer back on line that need assistance, get in touch with our experts to resolve the Hp printer offline fix.
Follow the below instructions to assist in the process of removing issues from the HP printer for a Mac device.
Download HP Smart App
- Power up the Mac device and the HP printer.
- This feature can be used through the HP Smart App.
- The HP Smart app can be downloaded from the Apple app store.
- After the download and the installation of the HP Smart app, choose Printers from the tab.
- Select Diagnose and Fix from the drop-down menu and then tap Start.
- Allow the app to continue with the diagnosis.
- Once the diagnosis is done, take a test print and then choose Done.
Remove and add the HP printer to the device
- Open the System preference on the Mac device to make the changes needed.
- Click the Apple icon and then System Preference and choose Printers and Scanners.
- Choose the printer that should be removed from the list.
- To remove select the – sign. The printer will be removed.
- Complete this change with the final confirmation – Delete printer.
- To add the printer back select + sign and then add the printer that appears from the list.
- With this, the HP Printer will be added back to the Mac.
Reset the print system (Mac)
- Power up the Mac device and choose the Apple sign followed by System Preference.
- Choose Printers and Scanners.
- Right-click on the HP printer and then choose Reset Printing System.
- Choose Reset once again as a final confirmation.
- Complete the request of entering the password to complete the process.
- Proceed to add the printer back by choosing the + sign.
- Click add and the printer is now connected to the Mac device.
Adding a manual IP address to connect the printer wirelessly
- The first step would be to print out the wireless network test results page.
- To print from a printer without a display
- Press the wireless button down along with the information button.
- Or, press the wireless button and the Start Copy Black button at the same time.
- Open the network configuration page, make a note of details such as the wireless status, IP address, and URL.
- Open the web browser and key in the URL.
- This will be redirected to the EWS of the printer.
- Here, choose Network, then tap the wireless network option and the IPv4 Configuration.
- Choose Manual IP and add the other printer information.
- Choose Suggest IP address, click Apply and then confirm the changes.
- Add the printer onto the device, through the System Preference option.